What is Safe Pass training?
Safe Pass training is a one-day health and safety training programme aimed at construction workers. This programme aids to raise the standard of safety awareness in the construction industry. Providing the correct tools and knowledge to all construction workers ensures they make positive contributions to the prevention of accidents in the workplace.
Who needs Safe Pass Training?
All construction workers are required to complete a Safe Pass course and possess a training verification certificate before entering the construction site, including apprentices, trainees and on-site security workers.
It is the responsibility of every contractor or person working on their behalf to ensure everyone under their direction on the construction site has completed this training.
What does the course involve?
This health and safety training course 5 key aims.
1. Site Safety and the Construction Worker. This includes an introduction to site safety, welfare at work construction legislation and site accident reporting.
2. Introduction to Risk Assessment Including how to identify hazards in the workplace, assess the risk they present and the control measures that will reduce these risks.
3. Implementing Risk Assessment .Detailing risk assessments for heights, excavations and electricity.
4. General Site Safety .Including site safety with construction equipment and construction vehicles.
5. Personal Safety. Detailing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), noise and vibration risks, manual handling training and personal health and welfare.
When will I get my Safe Pass registration card?
Once training is complete, safe pass cards will be issued to applicants within 7 to 10 days.
How long is a Safe Pass valid?
This training is valid for 4 years, re-training will be required thereafter.
How much is the course?
Key Safety offers safe pass training courses every Saturday for €150.
Health & Safety legislation ensures all employers must allow employees who require a safe pass paid time off to attend this training.
You can find a number of safe pass courses in Mayo or other health and safety courses here:
Safe Pass Ireland Training Courses
What do I need to bring with me?
On the day of your training, you will need a photographic ID, one passport photo and an Irish PPS number. If you do not have an Irish PPS number please contact Key Safety before your training date.